Gas Conservation Tips
Here are some kitchen tips on how you can use your LPG efficiently.
- Organize your cooking. Keep all the necessary things ready for cooking. This will help you cook fast and thus save gas.
- If you have to stop cooking for a short while, please switch off the gas. After all, it's cheaper to light another match. Always remember to strike a match first and place it over the burner before turning on the gas burner.
- Use as little liquid as possible when cooking - surplus water requires more heating and therefore more gas is used than is necessary. Match the burner to the vessel. Use a small vessel on a small burner. A large burner consumes 15 percent more gas.
- Cover the vessel while cooking. A cover helps prevent the steam from escaping. This means quicker cooking. A cover also helps retain the aroma of the food.
- The family that eats together saves gas. If you have to heat food just once, it means less waste. Reheated food is also less nutritious.
- Always remember to switch off the regulator or the gas valve when cooking gas is not in use, especially at night before you go to sleep.